QuickBooks is the most recognized name in the game. With solid customer service, flexible pricing to match different needs and the option to sync with a wide variety of third-party financial apps, this is the software to beat.Buy it
What sets it apart
- Simplicity of use
- Flexible pricing tiers
- Integration with financial institutions
- Integration with third-party services
Customize and send invoices, track income and expenses, create and manage estimates, and sync with bank accounts and apps
Same as $15, except you can also manage and pay bills, as well as generate instant sales and profit reports
Same as $30, except you can track inventory and prepare 1099s
QuickBooks, financial accounting software geared towards businesses of all sizes, is one of the most recognizable names in the game. At over 10 years old, it’s reported to have over 75% of the market share and nearly 29 million users (primarily small businesses). While Intuit still offers its desktop software, its online version offers far more features for better value.
Within QuickBooks, there are a variety of offerings for businesses of all sizes, from independent contractors to small businesses to enterprise. In this section, we focus QuickBooks Online for small businesses (see below for self-employed). To be sure, QuickBooks is the software to beat. They offer easy-to-access customer service, a varied pricing scale to match different needs, and the option to sync with a wide variety of third-party financial apps. The one area where QuickBook lacks is GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) compliance – not a major issue for most businesses, but is potentially one for startups who need to regularly share financial info with investors and vendors. Note that QuickBooks does offer to support to satisfy GAAP. But in this arena, it’s unlikely to find a software solution that can be all things to all types of businesses.
- Access your account anywhere from a computer or mobile device
- Online accounting and banking that lets you sync with 18,000 financial institutions (including Mint.com). You can even add your business checking account and corporate credit cards to have it automatically categorize transactions. It even offers the option of double entry accounting.
- Payroll, invoicing, and billing documents are extremely easy to create, track, and manage.
- Share with up to 5 users at no extra cost, so you can have key team members or your accountant see what you’re seeing.
- Point-of-Sale integration: The software automatically integrates your sales data with QuickBooks online daily, including summary and category sales, employee hours, purchase orders, inventory, and costs of goods sold.
- E-commerce: QuickBooks can integrate with our ecommerce platform, as well as PayPal and Apple Pay, to sync payment and sales data in real-time.
- Standard financial reports (up to 20-40 reports at a time)that help you ensure your books are accurate, easily share info with accountants at tax time, and save time along the way.