Harvest was founded in order to offer small services companies a better way to track time and invoices for services provided by their team. It's become popular with small design shops and consultancies.Buy it
What sets it apart
- Time-tracking and invoicing
- Project management
- Simple expense management
- Services firm focus
You can try Harvest for free for 30 days. After that, your options include:
If you’re just a single user with two or less active projects, you can use Harvest for free.
$12 per person/month
This gets you everything Harvest has to offer. There are also special discounts for teams of 50+.
Harvest was founded in 2006 by two entrepreneurs running a design studio who were looking for a better way to track time and invoice for services provided by their team. Today, its online tool and mobile app are used by over 40,000 businesses spread across 100 countries.
Harvest is primarily a time-tracking tool, although it does offer invoicing, budget tracking, expense logging, invoicing, timesheet approval, and even a time planning tool. While there are a variety of free time-tracking tools out there, Harvest’s edge comes from its integration with 80+ other business apps and its ability to simultaneously track budgets and expenses. The tool is ideal for teams within small companies (it could get pricey for larger teams), and freelancers and solo business owners will likely find the pricing very competitive.
Harvest’s main services include time tracking, invoicing, budget tracking, expense logging, invoicing, and timesheet approval. It also offers a time planning tool for an additional cost. Its primary benefits include:
- Simple, on-the-go time tracking that’s easy to access from a variety of devices, making time-tracking an afterthought. It also includes timesheet approval and reminder features.
- Built-in reporting that analyzes your data: You can run reports on billable and non-billable time for a variety of staff, tasks, and clients. This helps you manage budgets and resources for current and future projects.
- Quick expense logging: Just take a picture of your receipt and enter the info through a mobile app to have it automatically pulled into invoices Professional invoicing that automatically pulls your tracked time and logged expenses into a customized invoice. No manual entry required.