FreshBooks has become one of the best-known tools for online invoicing, time-tracking, and billing. A great choice for consultants and other businesses that need to track time and expenses, send professional-looking invoices, and collect online payments.Buy it
What sets it apart
- Simplicity and ease-of-use
- Integration of time-tracking
- Branded invoicing and billing
Seedling: for 1 user, invoice up to 25 clients
Evergreen: invoice an unlimited number of clients, add an additional user, and access timesheets and team expense reporting
Mighty Oak: same as evergreen but you can add 5 additional users
Founded in 2003, FreshBooks has become one of the best-known tools for online invoicing, time-tracking, and billing. With 5 million users, Freshbooks helps service-based consultants and small businesses track their time and expenses, send professional-looking invoices, and collect online payments.
While it doesn’t offer double entry accounting or detailed reporting, it does integrate easily with a large range of apps, offer an easy-to-navigate dashboard, and simplify the accounting process for businesses and freelancers who may not need some of the pricier (and potentially distracting) bells and whistles that full-service sites like QuickBooks might offer. This is potentially an issue for businesses that see large growth in their future – but ideal for smaller firms or individuals who bill based on time for their services.
FreshBook’s main services include time-tracking, invoicing, client collaboration, payment and expense tracking, and basic financial reporting. Its primary benefits include:
- Simple billing, invoicing, and tracking that’s easy to customize for a professional presentation and equally easy to track (you can set automatic reminders to go out to late-paying clients)
- Project collaboration/management with clients: FreshBooks recently redesigned its product to include client collaboration and feedback, as well as the ability to seamlessly manage multiple clients
- Google G-suite integration: Invoice Google contacts and view invoicing updates and Gmail correspondence relating to an invoice/project
- A redesigned mobile app that makes it easier to access your info anywhere